This is the most commonly known and recognised dive certification and your passport to dive anywhere in the world. With this certification PADI has introduced so many people to the exhilarating sport of diving and travelling, exploring new and exciting dive sites around the word. Upon completion of this full entry level course you will be able to dive independently without a guide – in most places.
Our patient and professional PADI Instructor will take you through the basics of learning how to dive. Over a period of just 3 – 4 days you will develop the skills needed to become an independent diver whilst enjoying some of the most breathtaking marine life in the world. At the end of the course you will be certified to dive anywhere in the world to a maximum depth of 18m. Do it now, strike it off your “to do” list. You will wonder why you didn’t do this years ago!
To get certified you will complete the following elements:
- 5 Practical Training dives
- 5 Knowledge Development Sessions
- 4 Open Water dives (2 x 12 meters + 2 x 18 meters)
- Final Exam (multiple choice)
- To participate in the PADI Open Water Diver Course an individual must be a minimum of 10 years. If the individual is 10 years old he/she must have a parent or guardian to sign forms on his/her behalf.
- Note: 10 – 14 year olds earn the Junior Open Water Diver certificate.
- Be a comfortable swimmer in water too deep to stand up in.
- 3- 4 days
Please note none of our courses include the course manual. The course manual must be purchased separately for use during the course and as a future reference.
- Many dive sites here are suitable for Open Water level Divers so you can even continue the diving fun when your course finishes by joining our Guided Dives.
- The time challenged traveler can do part of the Open Water Diver Course in 2 days (max) and become certified as a PADI Scuba Diver. This can be upgraded anywhere in the world at any time, and enables you to start your scuba adventure to a depth of 12m. Get more details by contacting us.
Have a question? Learn more by downloading a free Start Diving Planner (PDF).
Download the PADI Medical Statement (PDF) for classes and activities.